Mobile Science Lab
Simplifying science on wheels
"The science of today is the technology of tomorrow"
- Edward Teller
Mobile Science Lab
Mobile Science Lab is an innovative initiative in the area of education by Tech Mahindra Foundation. It is a bus that visits the primary government schools in Delhi as a traveling laboratory for hands-on activities of EVS (Science) and facilitates the learning of students from Classes 3 to 5. The project aims at encouraging the students to inculcate an experiential learning environment and empowering government school educators to design creative ways to nurture the budding scientists/environmentalists. Therefore, further improving the education system by providing adequate infrastructure to facilitate scientific learning in government schools.
Mobile Science Lab focuses on gaining knowledge through activity-based learning and innovative thinking among government school students. The monthly outcomes include:
- Reaches students in 19 schools every month where the student interaction is at multiple frequencies.
- Touching 114 classrooms of Grades 3 to 5
- Aims at conducting 200 experiments
- Trained and facilitated 114 government school teachers
Mobile Science lab is equipped with inquiry-based curricular materials and equipment that are engaging, substantive and thought-provoking for effective teaching-learning processes. The vehicle was procured from the Mahindra Trucks and Buses Limited and has been developed by My Stem Lab. Mobile Science Lab was launched on 20th November 2019 on the occasion of World Children’s Day. It is an innovative project by the Foundation which has been designed for social development through capacity building of the beneficiaries. The project has had a perceptible impact on the teaching-learning process of EVS and empowered teachers to create happier classrooms.
Salient Features of the bus:
- Capacity to conduct classes for 45 learners at a time
- 43 Inch Smart LCD screen with smart board features
- Multiple posters as per concepts being taught
- Folding tables as per the height of primary grade students
- Air condition
- Generator backup
- GPS tracking
- CCTV enabled live streaming
- First Aid Kit
- Fire Extinguisher
- Provision for Oxygen Cylinder