Building a strong foundation with quality education
"The purpose of education is to replace an empty mind with an open one"
- Malcolm S. Forbes
All Round Improvement in School Education (ARISE)
ARISE or All-Round Improvement in School Education is our one-of-a-kind CSR education program that aims to enable children from marginalised socio-economic strata with quality primary education and optimize their best potential. Focusing towards improving the quality of education in government and aided schools, the program works in collaboration with various municipal corporations and state government bodies to develop primary schools into model schools of excellence.
This premier CSR education program intends to join forces with key stakeholders of the education ecosystem including teachers, principals, school management, families and communities to bring a holistic change in these schools with the following objectives:
- To enable schools to evolve into fully-functional child-centric education institutions by bringing systemic structural changes in various domains of school life
- To integrate sessions on creative expression and learning enhancement to bridge the gaps in learning, and give children opportunities for integrated personality development
- To bring in systemic reforms, effective governance and enhanced accountability by building capacities of all stakeholders (parents and families, communities, school management, etc.)
- To develop an effective model of replication for the program
At present, Tech Mahindra Foundation is working with schools affiliated to Greater Chennai Corporation, Pune Zilla Parishad Education Department, Telangana Education Department, and Anekal Education Department (in Bengaluru, Karnataka) to enhance quality education in government-run primary schools. Also, we partner with a large number of credible organisations in the field of education to bring about an overall development in the school.
ARISE, our CSR education program is strategized on the following four key as well as interconnected dimensions to achieve comprehensive improvement in schools:
- Academic dimension- to ensure that children acquire grade-appropriate learning with understanding
- Social dimension- to ensure that families and communities to actively participate in the process of education along with children, teachers, school management and the system
- Infrastructural dimension- to ensure that schools and classrooms to be happier and safer places for effective learning
- Organisational dimension- to ensure that schools work as effective units of education functioning as well as managed organisations with well-defined systems and processes.